Scribblenauts will bring out the worst in you
Tuesday, September 15 2009 @ 03:11 AM PDT
Contributed by: matt
Scribblenauts is a Nintendo DS puzzle game. In a typical level,
your goal is simply to grab a star located somewhere out of reach. Your
tools? Anything you want, ostensibly. You can write a word, like "gun"
and the item will appear on the screen for you to use. The game itself
has some flaws (here is a review)
but the ability to summon items and creatures is astonishingly well
done and probably worth the purchase price all by itself. It seems like
they thought of everything...
There are definitely more surprises to find inside Scribblenauts.
- I wrote chupacabra and a little green guy with red eyes appeared. He left a dog alone, but he instantly attacked a goat I summoned. (This alone makes it game of the year.)
- God will kill a zombie, but a vampire will turn God into a vampire. I summoned a phaser to shoot the vampire but hit god-vampire instead; he was killed. The remaining vampire ran from my cross.
- As the review mentions, you can summon a time machine and ride it, which takes you to a realm of knights and damsels.
- In that medieval world, I accidentally destroyed a drawbridge with my sword. The princess on the drawbridge happened to fall in the water, so I summoned a shark to eat her. I tried summoning a school of piranhas to eat the shark, but as you can only do one at a time the shark kept eating them.
- The game knows roflcopter. It looks different than the helicopter.
- Try writing I win button.
- An evil clown looks like a clown but thinks evil thoughts.
- Pirates kill ninjas.
- A succubus attacked me, but a cherub nailed her with arrows... after which she liked me. (I could use the cherub's bow to make other creatures turn good.)