This is an improved and updated version of my original Speedpad n52 profile for UT2004. The documentation is better (so it is easier to modify your user.ini) and I created a graphic key reference this time too. (For a blank diagram, see the PDF download in this section.)
This is a new and greatly improved blank Speedpad n52 designer file. The original file was mostly wasted space, but this one has much more room for you to write notes by the controls. It is also a PDF form, if you like that kind of thing. Be sure to read the Help note in the file!
I wanted a nice blank Speedpad image to make notes on, so I put this together from the illustrations in the manual. This is a full-page image at 300dpi. (Note that the new PDF version available in this section is much improved!)
Here is a work-in-progress UT2004 control set for the n52 Speedpad. The archive includes configs which you must paste into your UT2004 user.ini, and of course the Speedpad profile.
05/05/04 - Changed Up and Jump to the D-pad. Button 15 is just too much of a stretch for quick jumping. - Changed version number to 1.0 for a feeling of accomplishment. - Updated this text a little
* In ALL modes, you have access to basic movement controls on the keypad, walk/crouch & inventory management on the D-pad, red & blue momentary shifts, and shift cycle.
* Unshifted mode also has last/best weapon and team say on the keypad. There are also 3 handy tricks using UT config aliases: a quick translocator, shield gun alt-fire toggle (the "oh sh!t" button), and instant link gun alt-fire to make teamwork E-Z. The translocator and shield gun trick don't always work -- not sure why. The link gun alt fire dedicated button is FANTASTIC for Onslaught though! The only problem is if your Link is out of ammo, it will do alt-fire for the next weapon in the priority list. Whoops! Here's hoping team damage isn't on.
* Red mode has base finders, team channel toggle, HUD size, and repeats of Best Weap, Last Weap and the shield gun shortcut.
* Blue and Green modes are unused. The intent is to save Blue (which has a momentary shift key) for weapon shortcuts. Green (which can only be reached by Cycle Shift) would be for UI and chat shortcuts. All modes except Green would have the movement, best/last weapon and inventory controls.
* No illustrated control guide yet since this is a work in progress. You will have to browse the speedpad UI and the config file.
* Please contact email@example.com with comments and ideas.